Benefits of person-centered culture:
- Elders and families have enhanced satisfaction and overall improved experience. Elders report improvement in privacy, dignity, meaningful activity, relationships, autonomy, food enjoyment and emotional well-being.
- Elders lead a more purposeful life. Elders maintain self-care abilities longer with fewer experiencing a decline in Activities of Daily Living (ADL). Fewer elders experience depression and fewer are bed-fast.
- Elders and families are empowered and more in control. Families are more satisfied with meals, housekeeping, physical environment, privacy, autonomy and healthcare.
- Positive impact on elder’s overall health outcomes (fewer hospitalizations, declines, and faster healing)
- Staff feel confident and satisfied about the care they provide which creates a more positive work environment. Staff report higher job satisfaction and increased likelihood of remaining in their jobs.